Sunday, June 24, 2007

My cheerie day =D

K! Got back from CHEER 2007!
It was WOW WEEE! Damn cun! Me and my sis didn't get sesat there or anything, it was easy peasy going to Bukit Jalil. She drove there while i drove back. Felt goOoOoOoOoOd driving again. Anyways, i didn't realise that ALL the teams would be performing today. Thought that it was a continuation from Saturday's performances. But it was good seeing everyone so psyched up about their teams, supporting them all the way baby! Giving their 110%. Btw, Ben couldn't go, she needed to get her project done. No worries girl, I totally understand. Been there done that.
Gosh! I so forgot to take a close up pic of the CHEER logo! Thus, I had to search through my pics in search for a mini one...But this is all i can get and with the important bit cut off too! Imagine that! What are the odds? Well, the reason why i wanna show you guys the logo is because once you look at it closely, the face looks like a MAN! NO JOKE! But with the body of a women wearing skirt and all.
=_="
Whats up with that? I think they need to change the graphic designer, cause it just looks weird...

Too bad the whole head was not in the pic, so you can't laugh at it, ehehe.


Here's some of the things that i've captured on cam:

Jien and Sarah

Jien's my fav host! He's so funny.

The Falcons supporters infront of me.

My sis and I. She's doing that fake smile. Ha ha ha, farneeeeee


Gosh, forgot what team they were. But the small boy infront is so cute! Small bod, oversized uniform =P

Not bad for an All male team. *2 thumbs up*



My ex-school's team. Team Valkryies. I think they did pretty well. They need to change the songs though. Poor choice.

The crowd was amazing! We definitely did the MEXICAN WAVE. My fav!


HOT HOT YANNUS in black!


CHARM All-Stars rocked the house! Really professional.

Jien was hillarious! Sarah on the other hand could not be compared to Jien's charisma as a spontaneous host. Sarah was pretty new to co-hosting this whole CHEER competition thing. So can't blame her for being quiet most of the time while Jien did most of the interacting. I love them both still. Still kept me entertained either way, mostly by Jiens jokes.

The ALL male teams did really well! There were only four all male teams and 2 of those teams gave amazing jaw dropping performances. I kid you not. These dudes definitely has the strength and ability to jump high, throw their mates high up in the air, do beautiful back flips, and many more. It's always nice to see them cheer for their school. The male teams that did extremely well was The Vulcanz all boys team (won 3rd place overall) and The Calyx (won BEST newcomer). Cool huh? The Vulcanz were the originators of the

"Guy's Don't Cheer with POMS" cheer

i believe. Hehehe, they did that cheer again this year. It's like their trademark by now.

Most of the cheerleaders I noticed played the same old songs, like Britney spears Hit Me Baby Once More Time and Missy Elliots Lose Control. Heard Lose Control way too many times already ever since today. Many teams opt for these songs, no idea why, but it's SO last year. AHHAHAHA, actually last year, the most popularly played song was Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl. Nice song really, very much suitable to be used as part of their performance.

My ex-school did well. A very fair performance I might add. But i do wish that they would change the uniform colours. Goodness, at least they can have hope of winning the Best Dressed team since it's so obvious they can never get top 5. NO MORE PURPLE AND ORANGE COMBO! Lord have mercy!

The overall best cheerleading team that won 1st place was the....

DYNAMITEZ!

So synchronized and creative as well. Good job on them. Love their white pom poms *grins*

CHARM All-Stars never ceased to amaze me everytime. It's comprised of girls AND guys. In case you haven't noticed, they are professional cheerleaders who has represented for Malaysia internationally. Cool huh? I wonder how they came about. Their performance was almost musical like! But it was damn refreshing to see them perform as professional cheerleaders. Seeing them do a pyramid 3 stories high was fantastic! Wanna see them againlaaa. Will check them out again next year.

K, i think i'm done with CHEER 2007. Can't wait for 2008!

No comments: