Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fun Fun Fun!

Well so far my week has been quite hectic, both in a fun and not-so-fun way. I had 3 events in 2 days. So tiring.

Last Thursday morning I went for the opening of Fitness First Bukit Tinggi Klang. It was quite nice, I met with a lot of friendly people. Made some friends and stuff. Chermaine Poo was the MC for that event. Surprisingly when I first met her, she’s like shorter than me! I was thinking, wasn’t she Miss something something?? But she’s damn pretty with her super long hair and mesmerizing eyes.

The program kicked off with a lion dance performance, and that I love to bits! Cute gila babi lions. Basically I was there taking care of the media registration table the whole time. Boring, but least there’s some good company beside me. Occasionally I would chat with her so I won’t feel so damn outta my mind.

At every event, there’s always that part where I would totally look forward to.






FREE FOOD!




*grins*






God, the fudge cakes tasted so damn good. Everything else was good too. But the chocolate fudge was the highlight for me-lah. I also got to have a goodie bag of my own. *yeay* awesome. Free Stuff babeh! Was so envious that the media got to have all of the good stuff, but then to find out that we got to have one for ourselves too made it all worth it. The Fitness First backpack bag is quite nice, same goes with the shoe bag and bottle.

Overall, it was a good event.

Then the next day I had to go to The Gardens in the afternoon for the opening of Borders. GAWD! Bloody cold larh!!! Sheesh, I tell you, luckily I wore a long sleeve shirt. If not I’ll regret it for the rest of my life. LOL. Our media registration and refreshments were at Starbucks inside Borders. *grins* I got to have free food and drinks there too. Been a long time since I’ve had Starbucks coffee.

Somehow wished I had name cards, coz I feel damn bad not being able to give them a name card when they give me theirs. But it’s kinda fun collecting name cards. =P

While I was at the table, the head of my PR dept casually talked to me about my internship and even said that I was doing a great job and if I ever want to work at Essence, I should look her up. I was quite happy after that. However, in the back of mind, Essence would be like my last resort. I want to work for another company that is not a hassle to go to. Besides, she pisses me off at times with her contradicting attitude. But least I can rest easy when it comes to looking for a job.

After the event, Loshini and I rushed off to find a cab to go to Park Royal for a Wincor Nixdorf dinner function. OMG, it’s like super super extra fun! I enjoyed myself so much to the bone! We got to have a hotel room all to ourselves to do whatever dressing up we need to do. When we reached there, Kerry was already inside getting ready. Loshini was busy taking a bath while I was like resting on the bed for a while, it was so comfy.

After we all got dressed, we packed up and the concierge guys came to collect our stuff to be brought down to the lobby. I was quite excited to see the function and the performances as well. We reached there sat down and got our registration thang going on. Kerry, Esther, Loshini, Nadiah, Denise and I were manning the table.

Nadiah and I volunteered to go into the hall to usher some guests who were still standing to sit down as it was going to commence. Stephanie Chai was the MC that night, as usual she looked elegant and beautiful. A group of women from Wincor was performing to the Pussycat Dolls “Buttons” song. So darn tak berkaitan with the theme for that night which was Arabian Night, A Middle Eastern Experience. After that was a belly dancing, hehe, Nadiah and I were lucky enough to watch the performance since we were inside. However, it wasn’t that great though. It wasn’t much of the REAL kind that really made their belly’s look like water. Hehhee, they’re just shaking!! WOW, like anyone can do thatlaaa. Sheesh. Even I can do that, just pay me and I’d go up there and shake it like a belly dancer. =P

We got bored of the belly dancers, so we went back out to the registration table. We got hungry so Kerry and I took some desserts that were ready at the buffet table. Damn tasty *drools*. There was A LOT of food! It was prepared for about 400 people, however, roughly 300 people attended. So more food for us!!

I was really excited and so hyped up for the ULTIMATE performance of the night, PHUA CHU KANG!!!!!! *grins like there’s no tomorrow*

Bloody hell, I’ve always seen him on TV for so many years, and to actually see Gurmit Singh perform that night right infront of my eyes is such a WOW moment for me. Call me lame or so, but that’s how I felt. *squeals like a lil girl*

Soon after what felt like ages, the moment came, we all had to usher people who were outside the hall mingling and some taking food to go inside as Mr. PCK would be performing anytime soon. Gurmit was coming down from his hotel room, so we had to try and get everyone in as soon as possible, but got some stubborn asses on the way, so screw them. Wheeeeeee, then when I turned around I saw the very comical look of PCK with his huge yellow rubber boots, curly bushy hair, untuck white shirt and that oversized mole walking towards me.

It was quite a chun entrance he made. As I was inside the hall near the entrance, with the doors closed, PCK was outside talking on the microphone for a while then opened the door, walked in energetically and interacted with the audience, saying things like “Hallo hallo, eh, you look like Rosie!”, “You also look like Rosie!!”. He was very spontaneous and so bloody funny!!! I laughed till my cheeks were sore. He did a lot of fun games with the crowd, loved it. This will definitely be one of the moments which I will ever forget. He also sang a few songs. He can sing very very well. Amazing. I got tired of standing and since he was singing, I went out to meet up with some Kerry, Denise and Loshini eating. I ate some salmon on a stick and brought one into the hall to continue watching the performance.

After which was definitely more than an hour of great laughter, it was time for him to go. He got down from the stage and interacted with the audience, shaking hands and walking to the entrance of the hall from where we came in from. I followed him like a little doggie from behind. Hehehe, then some Wincor people and Essence team went inside a room with him for a little photo taking session and thanking him and stuff. He’s super nice!!! Gosh, I was so excited and jumpy, literally. I took a photo with him and that made my daylah.






OMG, i look damn lame lah...But still loving it *grins*






(left to right) Shenli, Manpreet, Gurmit, and Kerry






Stephanie the Emcee





Shenli and PCK



Group picture with our Boss, Felix





Felix and Manpreet



Group pic with the rock band called "Crush" or was it "Crash"?




The so called Hot drummer. hahaha, Kerry gilakan him



All in all, I loved the night. Great food, great company, and great performances!


CHEERS!

No comments: