Saturday, November 17, 2007

Internship+Music+Friends

Well, well, well...

Internship. Started it last week at Essence Communications. Ok. Had alot of confusion about it in terms of making the right choice of doing my internship there, doubts, doubts, doubts, and MORE doubts till I couldn't sleep well at night. I would wake up occasionally and toss and turn till I can feel my brain heating/burning up from too much of thinking and weighing out the pros and cons between Sirius Comm and Essence Comm (i got accepted in both, but chose to go to Essence)

Then, when I started on my 1st day at Essence, it came on to a point where I REALLY REALLY wanted to change and go to Sirius, but considering that I've already started my internship. I decided, I've already started on this, why give up? I made this choice, why the sudden backing out? Actually, earlier on i've already had hesitations, but now, i wanna screw it!

Learn something new, learn from your mistakes, be responsible, don't choose things based on the amount of food stalls and next time, DON'T BE TOO FICKLE ! (this is a big weakness of mine)

I've come to mind, that Essence is a very good company, very efficient, nice interior, and a hot Group Managing Director (lol, he's some french german?!?! 4 kids!!). I'm beginning to enjoy it, i guess because i'm beginning to get to know my collegues better, super nice bunch. But then again, i don't think i would want to work in a PR dept in future. It's SO BORING! Well, the experience that i had for the past one week is abit dull. What can i say, it's just a week! There's like alot of media clippings involved every single day.

What I did throughout the whole week:
#1. Calculating PR value (the dumbest thing I've EVER done! wtf?!?!)
#2. Writing a speech for Dato' Azalina (the hardest thing to do, i'll slot in a few vulgar words so she'll get introuble, whahahaa, actually I would get in trouble)
#3. Writing a press release and media invitation for Fitness First's new opening at Bukit Tinggi
#4. Sticking media clippings into the supplementary report
#5. Summarize and descriptions of what the article says
#6. Completing a supplementary report for Isomil and Pediasure

I'll go into events next time! More happeninglarh, this is too dull for me, sit infront of the comp all day is...B-O-R-I-N-G

Me and my collegue next to me are getting along fine, thankfully. Her name's Loshini. She's one damn soft spoken girl and tall too!

I hope things will look better next week. But i think it'll be the same. I wanna experience the perks of being in PR, maybe not yet... Ohwell, so far so good. Just that I HATE the jam to and from Phileo Damansara. Gila Babi.



I've decided to do a blog about MUSIC and relate them to FRIENDS!
Have you ever listened to a certain song(s) that reminds you of your friend? or Enemy? But let's not touch enemies here, just friends.

I'm sure you do! Who doesn't in fact?

In my context, it doesn't really have to be the meaning of the lyrics that reminds me of them, it just reminds me thats all! Maybe I shall put the reasons together. Make my blog longerlarh. Tee-hee-hee

To my mates whose names arent in here, don't fret, it's just that i havent identified you with a song YET. JOYCE! I don't know which song to connect you with!!! Wish i knew.

Benny: Mims - "This is Why I'm Hot"
She likes this song, told it to me in the car and sang her fav part to me summore, from then on, I'm reminded of her when I hear this song. Hahhaa, i'm hot coz i'm fly, you aint coz you're not, this is why, this is way, this is why i'm hot hot!

Jacqkie: Jason Mraz - "Geek in the Pink"
This girl loves Jason Mraz, this song reminds me of her coz it's a the title song of his album. =)

Karen: Augustana - "Boston"
Hahaha,this one i had no trouble with, automatically this song popped in my head when i think of karen. This is a no brainer for me. She introduced us all to this song and kept playing it in the comp labs. Ahh, the good ol days. Gosh, how i miss my coll mates right now. Can't wait for next year, ish, but got 6 subs this time! Die die die, got moral and msian studies. What a waste of money. =S

Jay: Click 5 - "Catch Your Wave"
Got the shock of my life when he told us he likes the Click 5, well now he doens't ever since they recruited a new guy. So yeah, when he told us that he liked Click 5, that time this "Catch Your Wave" song was very popular, probably still is, not too sure.

Behonce: Pussycat Dolls - "Duncha"
Dunchaa! Beh gave a lap dance to this guy at Cheryn's Costume Party with this song. SO how can I NOT get reminded of Beh whenever I hear this song?! It was a nice lap dance tho. *grins*

Prassan: Rihanna - "Shut Up and Drive"
Sher Mayne told Prassan who was driving to shut up and drive coz he was talking too much to us passengers behind and coincidenlty this song was on at that time! LOL

Kish: James Morrison - "You Give Me Something"
Kish gave me a James Morrison CD before he left for NZ. So yeah! Everytime whenever I hear a James Morrison song on the radio, totally reminded me of him! Without fail summore!

Eu-Gene: Kylie Minogue - "Love at First Sight"
It was the time where ICQ was the craze. I would always play this song when I was chatting. So Gene and I would chat alot online and this song would keep playing. So it's embedded in my brain adylarh. It'll always bring back memories of me chatting with gene.

Daniel: Neyo - "Because of You"
On the way back home, it was early in the morning, so it was damn quiet on the road, he would always play a cd in his car, and I can clearly remember him singing to this song. Moreover, I love this song! So I would enjoy it while he was singing to it softly. Such a beautiful song, love the beat.

Kerry: Daft Punk - "Stronger"
This girl from the hood right here performes with this song alot of times. I can imagine her crunking - hope the spelling's right...

Audrey: Lion King OST - "I've got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts"
GAHHH!! THis girl sings this song almost everyday at one point!. Gila babi. Hahaha, i would even sing it unconsciously, damn her. Annoyinglarh that song!! She'll purposely do it to irritate the heck outta me. Smart.


Thats all I can remember basically, i'm sure to have more in future!!!

Any songs you guys have that reminds you of me? I'd like to know, wahahaha *grins*

5 comments:

Bena said...

interesting topic haha XD

"this is why i am hot"? totally.

i hope u will have more fun as u go along ur internship... but those tasks dont sound easy! hahaha, i dont think i might be doing mass comm, thinking of changing my major.

where the hell is phileous damansara or wherever?!

Jacqkie Rowena said...

as they say "the grass is always greener on the other side."

it's okaylarh. it really is the experience that matters. now, you can do better speeches wei! XP

thanks for being reminded of me when you listen to that song The geek in the pink. i love youhhh.

just so you know, I REALLY MISS YOU GUYS!

XOXOXOXOXOXO
Jacqkie

Anonymous said...

bena: hahaha "this is why i'm hot hot" ...totally suits you weih!

Well, it ain't the best thing in the world doing PR. Even on of my collegues was like, "Are you sure you want to go into PR?"..hahaha, she's one heck of an experienced lady. Nah, i don't think i'll be doing it. Too dull for me.

Phileo is where Menara Star is located. Farlah, the jam is annoying tho.

What do you want to major in??? psychology?

Jacqkie: I MISS YOU LOADS MAN!!! Like how roots misses the rain...hmm, never heard of that b4, but you get the drift. *grins*

Yeah, i agree, i'm enjoying myself now lah. So not so bad. I'm contented. =)

Speeches my ass!! I still suck. hehehe, will never do that ever again. *pls don't give me more speeches*

Love you lots JACQKIE! Hope to see you soon!

Bena said...

erm i dunno... :( i am just a girl with no ambition.

so sad.

Audrey Juicy Tits said...

Rain - In My Bed (is that the name of the song?)

I bet you'd love that won't you?! XD

There is n--- wait Felix has got 4 kids?!