Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Daren's Day

My Finals are OVERRRRRR!!! *roarrrrr*

There was so many things that happened throughout the week that I havent been blogging about...but anyways, disregard it. Hehe.

The last day of my Diploma (Social Psychology Exam, which was yesterday)...was one of the most memorable days of my life!

A dear friend of mine, Daren...made my last day of Diploma worth relieving again. I'm so going to miss his goofy moments in college and of course ALL of my classmates in college man. It's such a pity that those who were done with their exam all left quite early... I wanted to hug all of them... Gonna miss seeing their faces.. Least i can see them and their updates in Facebooklah.

Keep it together folks!

Well, let me elaborate on what Daren did that made my day THAT much more special.

It started off as any other exam day... well, not really, surprisingly, I wasn't as kan-chiong as any other exams... Exam started at 2pm and before that I was practically slacking off at home. For real. Oh well, guess it's because i can understand Psychology better than the other subjects. Atfer the exam, my mates and I hung out at the mamak. Nothing special, just chilling, Kerry telling us her absolutely grandmotherly long story about her unforgettable night at Klang's supposedly haunted cinema 9.But it wasn't a haunted storylah she was telling, instead it was about how long the movie Ironman got delayed in that cinema. Kesian, anyways, I don't want to talk about that.

Suddenly Daren started telling me about his awesome skill...which was his ability to turn his face RED. I was pretty restless and bored anyways, so I layaned him.

I suggested that we walk outside a few steps away opposite from where we sat, under the sunshine since the huge orange umbrellas in which we were under made everyones faces look orange. So both of us went there. Mind you, the place where we stood, there was a pond right beside. If those of you who know Leisure Commerce Square,it's the pond beside the mamak where there are 5 sunflower poles in the pond at the side spewing out water.

So he started working his magic and yes, he magically got his face red... He did a very constipated look really. Looked like he was about to shit in his pants and all. Oklaa, it took him a couple of seconds till his face got red till I noticed his vein getting bigger on his forehead, so I told him "Hey you're right, your face is red....Ok ok, you can stop now, I can see your vein popping out already"...

Suddenly, he looked like he was continuing, then he looked alright, then he wobbled to the left towards the POND~!!!!! OH MY GAWD, I thought he was crazy and wanted to fall back into the water!!! I was like "OMG!!"

So he fell back and THANK GOD for one of those 5 Sunflower poles that i mentioned earlier. IF it wasn't there, I swear he'd fall into the water and drown. He was shaking and his eyes was half open, I grabbed a hold onto his legs struggling to pull him away from the water but of course it made no difference, coz he's really BIG!

Giant Daren & Midget Me

That situation felt like ages!! seriously, i was almost dying there trying to pull daren from the pond, in my mind I was thinking "why isn't anyone helping?!?!"...I was so focused on Daren that it didn't register in my mind to say the word "HELP!"... I was so scared for him as he was still shaking. I was like some midget there trying to pulling a giant. What a sight.

It took about like 7 seconds or something of what felt like ages before he regained himself and held onto me to get himself up. By then, some started coming to help. All I remembered clearly was a Singh/Indian guy in a blue collared shirt who came first then Jacqkie. Moreover, Kerry told me he had an injured arm or something. But that I don't rememberlah. Gosh. Nice dude. Didn't even get the chance to say thank you for the effort of actually coming over to help. Still in my mind, I was wondering why none of my mates came to help even when they're the nearest ones there. Seems that they said it looked like Daren was playing around coz his eyes was still open. But then it took while for them to register that it was actually a real serious moment and not some joke.

Daren was dazed and lightheaded. Poor dude. We quickly sat him down. *sigh*
I'm really glad he was alright in the end and that pole i just mentioned that actually supported him from going *SPLASH* into the pond...well, lets just say that it stopped spewing out water together with the other poles. Kesiannya. Moreover, it was bent forward. The force of giant Daren I tell you. Not bad huh. Guess it'll be the famous landmark, the day the giant fell. Gosh, i should take a picture of it. *smacks head*

Well, this was truly an unforgettable last day of Diploma that I will remember for the rest of my life. Daren was like sporting about it. Hehe, when I told him "Daren, you just made my last day here damn chunlah". Then he whispered to me (so that Jacqkie wouldn't hear) "You have to admit, that was pretty awesome, hehehe"...

I can't deny it man..
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF DAREN!


Next up... 2 short movie reviews!

IRONMAN
On that very day itself, night time actually. I went out with Lee, Benita, Joyce and David! We all went to Pyramid and watched Ironman. Let me tell you, Ironman was just OK. Wasn't the BOMB or super kao chun. It was just mediocre. But I do love the Ironman suit tho. Very smokin' hawt. Hehe. I don't want to say much about the movielah, besides that it's worth watching just once.

THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM
Other than that, last last week after Orientation Night in campus, my mates and i went to catch The Forbidden Kingdom in Pyramid. I tell you, hahaha, it was funny ass shyt man. The storyline abit lame and that goes for the script as well. Tell me, how would you react to this quote...

"You have come far through the gate of no gate"

Ya darn right you've come through the gate of NO GATE... what did you do? drill a hole through the gate which doens't in fact have a gate? *swt*...hahaha, SS-ing here.

It's definitely an entertaining movie to watch. I've got no regrets watching it!

It's best to read this review, it's way funnier....taken from The Hollywood Reporter.com

What do you get when you mix "The Wizard of Oz," "The Karate Kid," "Rush Hour" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"? You get a hodgepodge titled "The Forbidden Kingdom," which will please its core audience but won't enthrall anyone over the age of 16. (Even that might be stretching the point.)

Young males adore martial arts movies with plenty of well-choreographed mayhem. To ensure the involvement of that key demographic, the film provides a teenage American hero, Jason Tripitikas (Michael Angarano), magically transported from his south Boston neighborhood to ancient China, where he gets to study kung fu under the guidance of two masters of Asian cinema, Jackie Chan and Jet Li. The first-ever teaming of Chan and Li is a shrewd commercial ploy, and the movie looks poised for strong opening-weekend business. But the weak script will keep it from enduring for long.

In the opening scene, after visiting an elderly Chinese pawnbroker (Chan), Jason is pummeled by a neighborhood bully and wakes up in China, where he is thrust into the middle of a battle to rescue an old wizard, the Monkey King (Li). He finds himself in the possession of a magical staff (much like Dorothy's ruby slippers) sought by heroes and villains alike. Friends (including younger incarnations of Chan and Li) materialize to aid him in his journey, but he also is pursued by a wicked white-haired witch (Li Bing Bing) on his way to the Emerald City -- er, the golden fortress, where an evil warlord keeps the Monkey King imprisoned in stone.

John Fusco's dialogue is often laughable, encumbered by spiritual mumbo jumbo ("You have come far through the gate of no gate") or incongruous contemporary slang of the "Dude, what's happening?" variety. But few people go to martial arts movies to savor the elegant language, and as an action extravaganza, the film delivers. Cinematographer Peter Pau and choreographer Woo-Ping Yuen honed their skills on "Crouching Tiger" and many other Asian and American movies. "Kingdom" was filmed in China and benefits from lush costume and set design.

Li as the Zen master and Chan as his more comical sidekick build on their familiar personas and demonstrate the chops that their fans appreciate. Angarano, who recently appeared in the very different "Snow Angels," is rapidly establishing himself as one of the most promising young American actors. The rest of the performers meet the demands of their roles, which are not exactly arduous. Under Rob Minkoff's direction, everything unfolds predictably, which is why the film ultimately becomes tedious. The fight scenes (including Jason's climactic battle with the bullies back in south Boston) are fun, but the filler in between is deadlier than one of Li's lethal kicks.


CHEERS!
Call me OUT people!

2 comments:

Jacqkie Rowena said...

Lai Swee Wei! Daren's Day wasn't chun at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got traumatized after that incident,the image of Daren's face turning purple/red kept haunting me. Seriously, I got really scared :`(

Swee said...

of course i got scared too gurl... it happened right infront of my own two eyes!!