Thursday, January 24, 2008

Public Display of Affection

Hehehe, recently I was researched for materials related to Public Display of Affection as I choose to present this topic to my class. It's over and done with, thank god.

Now i'd just like to share with my readers out there regarding an article that I came across with, it made me laugh. It was damn hilarious reading on his thoughts and feelings towards the issue of PDA.

Here's the link:
http://www.minishorts.net/2006/02/16/


But i'll copy and paste it here so this post will look longer lah. Tee-hee-hee

This makes me sink


Stupid terms of endearments. I don't mind the 'dear' and the 'hun', I don't mind it when lovers say it to each other like,' Can you pass me the salt, dear?' or 'What's up, honey?'. I don't mind the, 'Baby can you please open the door for me..' and 'Darling please come downstairs for a while.'

But what I DO MIND, is when people start talking to me about their boyfriends and girlfriends as 'my Darling' and 'my piggie boy' in public, mmmkay? I cannot take this. It's so menggelikan and meluatkan it makes me wanna puke. And I mean, you've seen it all before, you've heard the, 'You know last week, my dar-dar took me to the cinema woh, very nice lah the movie,' and I'm damn sure you've had at least one encounter with a friend who goes all mushy about her bf in public, and calls him, 'My Honey Bunny is calling me lah, I need to pick up the phone.'

LIKE SUPER DUPER BEI SEI YAN MAN… BRRRRR….

See I used to have a friend, and, we've lost touch after several years, and we're not that close anyway, so my bet is that he doesn't read this blog. So I'm going to bitch about the dude, and if you terasa too bad lah, not my fault, I just really really need to release tension and today I'm just not in the mood to be all nice and goody-goody. So anyway, this person, this guy, before he even got into a relationship, he was like a walking desperate freak. He'd go around trying to talk up ANY girl that goes his way, and you just can't help but feel he's casting his net as wide as he possibly could to catch just any fish that would come his way. WHETHER or not the feelings click is another matter.

So people like this, they eventually meet their match. The type who would do just anything to get into a relationship. Some way, or another, they end up together, him being the eager-beaver to go after just anyone, she being the simple-Jane who'll just take anyone… and they end up in a relationship. So all is fine, everyone's happy, we're happy that they've found each other… and who knows, it just might work out.

EXCEPT we have to endure their whole bloody relationship extra-demonstrated in our presence. It's like they HAVE TO SHOW THE WHOLE BLOODY WORLD that they're in a relationship or something. So you go to the mamak, just to have a drink with a group of friends, and you see her SITTING on his LAP at corner of the bloody table. You see him, licking her ear, at a Chinese round-table restaurant. And if in any case, he's out with the group (maybe it's a lecture, maybe it's just a place where you're having a break at the cafeteria together), and she rings him on his mobile phone, the conversation bits just make you want to bail and get out of there before the hairs on your skin fly out in all directions. Because he fucking kisses her on the phone. Just before he picks up the phone, he'll say to us, 'Oh sorry folks, but my honey bunny is calling.'

And the gang of us would just sit there, pretending to busy ourselves with our food, and trying not to cringe too much as we listen to him talk.

'Ohhhh sweetie pie, you miss me huh? You miss me huh?… Oh okay. Mmm… don't want lah, don't want lah…mmmm ok ok sweeties… maybe tonight I come and see you ok? Mmmm don't miss me too much okay? Oh don't want lah all my friends are here… aiyah.. don't want lah… okay lah, only for you lah, MUAKS MUAKS MUAKS MMMMMMMMMMMMMMUAKS..'

Just remembering that moment in my life makes me cringe okay?

So imagine how I actually felt when I came across someone's Friendster profile. Her album is filled with nothing but photos of the two of them together. OKAY, I can appreciate that. It's nice to see the pretty pretty pics, and it's almost heart warming to admire how dedicated one can be towards a relationship. Declarations of adoration are sweet, but… but but….reading the captions just chill the heat out of me. 'This is my Dar-Dar'. 'This is my big fat sweetie bunny.' 'My darling and me in Thailand' 'My honey bunny and his big belly. So nice.' 'I love you baby muaks muaks.' Aiyeeeeehhhh… super bei okay?

I really, honestly, do not mind public display's of affection, a peck on the cheek, a quick hug, I don't even mind seeing his occasional groping of her butt. But sometimes, sometimes, some people just take it too far across the line.

###

No comments: